Oracle client / server traversing a firewall ?

From: Ray Hindman <ray_at_jit-net.com>
Date: Mon, 8 Mar 1999 13:12:30 -0500

Oracle / Network gurus !

I am attempting to establish an oracle client/server link across a firewall.

The firewall is operated within a networking group, and we cannot add proxy software to the firewall.

What, I believe, we need to do is to define the connection ports the oracle server listens to (defined in listener.ora) and the application ports the client/server xfers data accross. My team thinks this should be configurable in tnsnames.ora. We found that this file only provides parameters to establish the connection to the server.

How can the application ports for oracle be configured or limited so I can mandate 5 or so available connections on the firewall ?

Thanks in advance,
Ray Received on Mon Mar 08 1999 - 12:12:30 CST