Re: Oracle server NT or Unix?

From: Alexander Goller <alex_at_vivien.franken.de>
Date: 8 Mar 1999 16:54:39 GMT

Hi,

On 7 Mar 1999 21:07:22 GMT, Frampton Steve R <3srf_at_qlink.queensu.ca> wrote:
>:>more than two weeks to do so...
>
>2 weeks? *2 weeks*?? I admit it wasn't as easy as it could have been,
>but it took me less than 2 hours.

Yep, if you actually _read_ the documentation and have a clue of UNIX/Linux it isn't harder than on NT, two weeks is ridiculous, it takes me usually about 1-2 hours on Slowlartis/Linux, a little more on FreeBSD because i have to configure the linux emulation.

>They do need to polish up the installation scripts for Linux,
>however...that's for sure.

Hmm, in what way ? Btw, quite difficult, cause it runs on a variety of distributions and you can't assume they are all the same.

bye, alex Received on Mon Mar 08 1999 - 10:54:39 CST