Re: dba views, catalog views

From: Sybrand Bakker <postbus_at_sybrandb.demon.nl>
Date: Sun, 07 Mar 1999 07:18:39 +0100

Hi Jerwynn,
SYS owns those views, regardless of how many dba users you create. SYSTEM is accessing those views, it doesn't have copies of it. This means you new user either doesn't have the correct privileges or the correct synonyms are missing. As you don't specify which version of the database you are using and the method accessing the dictionary views has changed between Oracle 7 and 8, it is difficult to help you out.

I don't want to be harsh on you, yet from your posts it looks like you are new to DBA activities, and it would probably be advisable for you to get some training.

Hth,

Sybrand Bakker, Oracle DBA