C/C++ program on tables

From: Eric Gundesvan <kinowa89_at_hotmail.com>
Date: Sun, 07 Mar 1999 09:59:14 -0800

Hello,

Some of our users have written a number of C/C++ programs to analyze their data. This data was until
recently in flat files, but now we keep them in tables. The problem is the users would like to be able to
call their C/C++ programs on these tables. Some of these programs update existing columns, but others
do not change the data in the tables; they simply calculate some scores.

One solution we are thinking of is transfer the whole table into an ascii file, execute the programs on
these files as before, and then load the results back into the table using Sql*Loader. However, we fear
that this solution may be too slow.

Is there a way to have these C/C++ programs execute against tables in Oracle? If the above solution is
the only one, what would be the best way to transfer the data back and forth?

Thanks in advance...