Re: General SQL error / unable to extend index

From: anon <anon_at_msn.com>
Date: Sat, 6 Mar 1999 20:02:22 -0000

Hi Rob -

Think you have 4 options here:

The first 3 add space available to your tablespace, the 4th is to drop the index.

  1. Set autoexend ON, on your datafile for the tablespace DEVEL (assuming your devise is not full)
  2. Increase the size of your datafile for the tablespace DEVEL ( " )
  3. Add a new datafile for the tablespace DEVEL
  4. Drop the index (assuming it is not part of a contraint definition in which case you'll need to drop the contraint)

nb. have a look at 'dba_free_space' for info. on free space for extents.

hope this helps

These views are my own and not those of my employer. Normal conditions apply.
nb. anonymous return address used - please replace reply address with those given above.