Re: How to sync database

From: Thomas Kyte <tkyte_at_us.oracle.com>
Date: Sat, 06 Mar 1999 15:53:14 GMT

A copy of this was sent to "nikko" <nikko_at_po.jaring.my> (if that email address didn't require changing) On 6 Mar 1999 15:32:55 GMT, you wrote:

>I have read a little on Advance Replication Option on Oracle DBA handbook,
>however there is not enough information.

In the 7.3 doc set, Oracle Distributed Systems vol II is entirely about replication.

In 8.0, this doc is named Oracle Replication.

>How can I get this Advance Replication Option ? Is this an addition
>software ?

it comes with Oracle Enterprise Edition. Needs to be installed from the media and linked into the kernel (as well as install lots of pl/sql packages)

>manager43_at_my-dejanews.com wrote in article
><7bntdh$v94$1_at_nnrp1.dejanews.com>...
>> Hi,
>>
>> If synchronise means two databases with same functions then use
>> Oracle Advanced Replication Option.
>>
>> This option is free of charge but conflict resolution (when two
>> transactions simultaneously update rows) apply to programmers.
>>
>> Vladimir
>>

>> In article <01be62b4$6561dbe0$1e1b8ea1_at_mypc.consulting.com>,
>> "nikko" <nikko_at_po.jaring.my> wrote:
>> > There are two database on two servers located in two different
>location.
>> > How do I do database replication automatically at a predefined
>intervals so
>> > that the data in the two database can synchronise ?
>> >
>> > Thank you.

>> http://www.dejanews.com/ Search, Read, Discuss, or Start Your Own

Thomas Kyte
tkyte_at_us.oracle.com
Oracle Service Industries
Reston, VA USA

Opinions are mine and do not necessarily reflect those of Oracle Corporation Received on Sat Mar 06 1999 - 09:53:14 CST