Re: ***Help!!Parameters

From: Thomas Kyte <tkyte_at_us.oracle.com>
Date: Sat, 06 Mar 1999 12:40:44 GMT

A copy of this was sent to "Haruka Suko" <haruka-suko_at_worldnet.att.net> (if that email address didn't require changing) On 6 Mar 1999 12:32:05 GMT, you wrote:

>Hello!
>How can I know the names and values of all Oracle database parameters which
>are NOT set at the default values? Please tell me the SQL for it. Thank
>you for your help!
>
>Haruka
>haruka-suko_at_worldnet.att.net

SQL> desc v$parameter

 Name                            Null?    Type
 ------------------------------- -------- ----
 NUM                                      NUMBER
 NAME                                     VARCHAR2(64)
 TYPE                                     NUMBER
 VALUE                                    VARCHAR2(512)
 ISDEFAULT                                VARCHAR2(9)
 ISSES_MODIFIABLE                         VARCHAR2(5)
 ISSYS_MODIFIABLE                         VARCHAR2(9)
 ISMODIFIED                               VARCHAR2(10)
 ISADJUSTED                               VARCHAR2(5)
 DESCRIPTION                              VARCHAR2(64)

SQL> select name, value from v$parameter where isdefault <> 'TRUE';

NAME                           VALUE
------------------------------ ----------------------------------------
processes                      100
control_files                  /d01/dbs/control01.ctl, /d03/dbs/control
                               02.ctl, /d05/dbs/control03.ctl
db_block_size                  8192
log_archive_start              TRUE
log_archive_dest               /d01/arch
log_archive_format             %t_%s.log
log_buffer                     245760

Thomas Kyte
tkyte_at_us.oracle.com
Oracle Service Industries
Reston, VA USA

Opinions are mine and do not necessarily reflect those of Oracle Corporation Received on Sat Mar 06 1999 - 06:40:44 CST