Re: Where is sqldba in Oracle 8.0.4?

From: Sybrand Bakker <postbus_at_sybrandb.demon.nl>
Date: Sat, 06 Mar 1999 12:31:14 +0100

Marcus,
I couldn't agree with you more. I am afraid this is a 'political' issue, just as you had to pay for TPO (Transaction Processing Option) in the Oracle 6 era, which became part of the standard kit later. Apparently people at Oracle didn't want it either. There has been in bug in the 7.3 unix dbstart script still referring to sqldba!

Regards,

Sybrand Bakker, Oracle DBA