Re: Oracle8 8.0.5 (pre) for Linux install problems

From: Frampton Steve R <3srf_at_qlink.queensu.ca>
Date: 6 Mar 1999 00:14:14 GMT

Tuomas Hosia <hosia_at_lut.fi> wrote:
: Default value for OPEN_CURSORS is way too small by default, but I
: don't remember how do you set it on *nix-platform. Init.ora perhaps?

Okay, this gave me enough to know what to search for. I needed to edit my initORA.ora file and add 'OPEN_CURSORS = 400', which resolved my exhausted cursors problem.

Now, I have other problems. :p I'll work through them though, and hopefully resolve them without bothering the list. :-)

--------------< LINUX: The choice of a GNU generation. >-------------- Steve Frampton <3srf@qlink.queensu.ca> http://qlink.queensu.ca/~3srf Received on Fri Mar 05 1999 - 18:14:14 CST