Re: sql.bsq for Oracle 8i vs Oracle 7.3.4

From: Jurij Modic <jmodic_at_src.si>
Date: Fri, 05 Mar 1999 22:27:46 GMT

On Fri, 5 Mar 1999 13:35:24 -0800, "Kristiaan J. Kolk" <akolk_at_gelrevision.nl> wrote:

>read the readme that comes with Oracle8 or Oracle8i and it tells you that
>can't change the file ..... (even though it seems to work).
>
>Anjo.

In "Oracle8 Tuning" manual (both in 8.0 and 8i-beta versions) there is a mentioning what you may and what you must not manualy change in the SQL.BSQ. Here is a quote from there:

<begin quote>
Modifying the SQL.BSQ File

The SQL.BSQ file is run when you issue the CREATE DATABASE statement. This file contains the actual table definitions that make up the Oracle Server. The views that you use as a DBA are based on these tables. Oracle Corporation recommends that users strictly limit their modifications to SQL.BSQ.

HTH,
Jurij Modic <jmodic_at_src.si>
Certified Oracle7 DBA (OCP)

The above opinions are mine and do not represent any official standpoints of my employer Received on Fri Mar 05 1999 - 16:27:46 CST