Re: PUBLIC: Oracle Locking

From: John P. Higgins <jh33378_at_deere.com>
Date: Fri, 05 Mar 1999 14:24:49 -0600

I think Oracle must acquire the table lock before accessing the rows to be updated or deleted. That is to guarantee that DDL cannot change the table while our transaction is in flight. Then Oracle executes the implied query and gets an exclusive lock on the affected rows (if any). Oracle only releases locks at commit or rollback.