Re: SQLNet connects are slow on NT 4

From: Sybrand Bakker <postbus_at_sybrandb.demon.nl>
Date: Fri, 05 Mar 1999 18:21:57 +0100

Hi David,
make sure in %oracle_home%\network\admin\sqlnet.ora automatic_ipc = OFF (if you are not on the server) and
names.directory_client=(tnsnames, onames) or (tnsnames) if you don't use Oracle Names.
What happens is in this case is sqlnet won't try to connect using ipc and will go for tnsnames.ora directly without searching for a nameserver.

Hth,

Sybrand Bakker, Oracle DBA