Help! - Integer Format

From: Robert Bucklin <rbucklin_at_bellsouth.net>
Date: Fri, 05 Mar 1999 16:37:03 GMT

Can someone help me. I have noticed that when you select from Oracle from an integer field (number(38)) , it comes back formatted like 1239543. However, when the number gets larger than 9 digits, Oracle returns the number in scientific notation. I understand I can use the TO_CHAR function to dictate the foramt the number is returned in. However, we would prefer not to do taht since we use ODBC and are trying to write DBMS independent code.

Is there a way to modify Oracle's behaviour preferably at the server level to
return large integers as if the number format were

99999999999999999999999...

instead of reverting to scientific notation.

Thanks,

Bob Bucklin Received on Fri Mar 05 1999 - 10:37:03 CST