Re: Buffer busy waits...

From: Neil Cudd <neil_at_cudd.demon.co.uk>
Date: Fri, 5 Mar 1999 13:52:03 -0000

under the $ORACLE_HOME/rdbms/admin directory there are two scripts : utlbstat.sql and utlestat.sql. Statr svrmgrl and connect internal, then run the first,
utlbbstat. Wait an appropriate time (for enough xactions to complete to give an accurate
picture of what's happening) and then run utlestat.sql. This produces a report.txt
file, and this contains (amongst alot of other info), the various buffer waits that are
affecting te system and which class of blocks is having contention. It also has suggestions
on possible remedies.

Neil Cudd.