Re: internal password in NT

From: <sverzijl_at_hotmail.com>
Date: Fri, 05 Mar 1999 12:52:39 GMT

In article <7bisul$8k5$1_at_platane.wanadoo.fr>,   "Pascale" <Pascale.Desert_at_wanadoo.fr> wrote:
> Hi everybody,
>
> I want to modify the internal password i put in oradim (i can look at in
> orant\database\strtorcl.cmd)
> I try
> oradim -usrpwd toto
> it's don't work !!
>
> On orant\database path, i've the files
> password
> pwdorcl.ora
> May be i create, I don't remember !
> What is this files
>
> Can I use orapwd80 ?
> What 's the syntaxe ?
> I try on a command windows
> cd \orant\bin
> orapwd80 file=mand password=toto entries=5
>
> What's wrong ?
> (I known very well oracle on unix but i never use orapwd and I'm a newbie on
> nt)
>
> Another question :
> What is the file oracle.key in c:\orant\bin

Pascale,

The easiest way is to delete the service and create it again using oradim80 :

on the top of my head :
oradim80 -delete -sid <sidname>

oradim80 -new -sid <sidname> -intpwd toto -startup auto -pfile init<sid>.ora

I used this procedure the other day and it works fine.

About the oracle password file :
In order to use the oracle password file, you will have to change a setting in the init<sid>.ora. I believe it is something like REMOTE_PASSWORD=SHARE, which has to be changed to 'EXCLUSIVE'. After restarting the instance a passwordfile will be created automatically in the <ORAHOME>\Database directory (called 'pwd<sid>.ora'). Note that this is a HIDDEN file, so use 'DIR /AH' to see it.

Regards,

Simon Verzijl
Devote