Re: Getting into an Oracle Server

From: <bonanos_at_yahoo.com>
Date: Fri, 05 Mar 1999 11:58:03 GMT

> as i stated before the person who set up our current Oracle Server has just
> resigned ...
>
> I've started looking at the Server (JUST looking ... :) but i can't seem to
> get into the database because i don't know the username or the servicename
> (i think i know the password ... if i don't i guess i'm quite f*cked :)

unless he has changed it you could go in as user: internal pass:oracle this is one of the defualt accounts.

also you could go in as user:sys pass: change_on_install

> Is there any way of listing what Services I should be able to connect to ?

Yes, On the start menu goto programs/Oracle for Windows NT/Oracle Net 8 Easy Config. Choose test and the existing services list box is activated, scroll down and you will see all the services.

You can also add a new service, this is very simple, you just have to know the machines name (the one the oracle database is on) or ip address.

BTW if you want to log into Oracle from the machine it on, you do not have to supply a service name.

Hope you come right :-)