Re: OAS 4.0.7 on NT4 and Virtual Memory Errors

From: Jay Walters <jwalters_at_computer.org>
Date: Fri, 05 Mar 1999 06:50:35 -0500

I've also seen the same problem, it stems from the fact that OAS won't create new cartridge instances if there isn't enough virtual memory. I found to run a stable Oracle8 + OAS 4.0.7 w/1 Java cartridge + JDeveloper I needed at least 320 MB of virtual memory (physical + pagefile). This total virtual number was independent of the physical memory, as I ran with both 96 MB and 192 MB. Moving from 256MB to 320MB made a world of difference for me, but of course your mileage will vary depending on the type and size of your cartridges.

Cheers