Buffer busy waits...

From: Wolf Duttlinger-Manger <wolf.duttlinger-manger_at_hansgrohe.com>
Date: Fri, 05 Mar 1999 12:04:54 +0100

Hi all,
we are running Oracle 7.3.3.4 in an SAP R/3 3.1i environment. We were sold R/3 with Oracle being the "black box". Maybe that's why I have all these "stupid" questions...

In R/3 Database monitor: Performance history (ST04) I get displayed a list of several performance figures - one column being displayed as "Buffer Busy Waits" (do not ask me what "they" mean with it...). These numbers do exactly correlate with the R/3 "average response time".

From an earlier posting I learned that there are various buffer wait types. What would I have to do to get the buffer busy waits info directly from Oracle? Has anybody any URL's to point me any further?

Thanks
Wolf Received on Fri Mar 05 1999 - 05:04:54 CST