Oracle8 8.0.5 (pre) for Linux install problems

From: Frampton Steve R <3srf_at_qlink.queensu.ca>
Date: 5 Mar 1999 05:38:40 GMT

Hello:

I've had the 8.0.5 (Pre-production) CD for Linux for a few months now, but haven't had the time to dive in. I'm finally trying to do so now.

As per the documentation, I ran the installation script, which worked fine. I then ran an SQL*Plus script called 'catrep.sql' which "loads the necessary packages and views for replication". While it appeared to do a lot of table creations, grants, etc. I ran into a *lot* of errors (I've snipped a few "choice" ones):

  *
  ERROR at line 1:
  ORA-00604: error occurred at recursive SQL level 2   ORA-01000: maximum open cursors exceeded

  grant execute on dbms_rectifier_diff to execute_catalog_role

                   *

  ERROR at line 1:
  ORA-04042: procedure, function, package, or package body does not exist

  DROP PUBLIC SYNONYM dbms_rectifier_diff

                      *

  ERROR at line 1:
  ORA-01432: public synonym to be dropped does not exist

  GRANT EXECUTE ON dbms_repcat TO SYSTEM

                                  *

  ERROR at line 1:
  ORA-01749: you may not GRANT/REVOKE privileges to/from yourself

I suppose the majority, if not all the messages, are being caused by the "maximum open cursors exceeded" problem. Is there a way to fix this? Don't tell me I have to recompile my kernel! ;-)

Also, this version of Oracle appears to be missing SQL*Forms. Eek! Anybody know if this will be included in the 8i release? (I've already registered to get the CD sent)

Thanks in advance...

--------------< LINUX: The choice of a GNU generation. >-------------- Steve Frampton <3srf@qlink.queensu.ca> http://qlink.queensu.ca/~3srf Received on Thu Mar 04 1999 - 23:38:40 CST