sql.bsq for Oracle 8i vs Oracle 7.3.4

From: Debbie Yoshihara <yoshi_at_biostat.wisc.edu>
Date: 4 Mar 1999 23:37:31 GMT

Currently using Oracle 7.3.4 on Sun Solaris 2.6.

I will be installing Oracle 8i soon and I was wondering if there is a $ORACLE_HOME/dbs/sql.bsq file for this version, or if in version 8 there is a complete overhaul of how a database is created?

Usually I have edited the sql.bsq file to have larger initial and next extents for some of the tables and I was wondering if I can do this for Oracle 8i or is this no longer necessary or even possible.

The sql.bsq file didn't change much from Oracle 7.0 to Oracle 7.3.4. I was wondering if someone who has migrated to Oracle 8i from Oracle 7, could tell me if the sql.bsq file looks similar or even if it exists.

Thanks!
Debbie Yoshihara
Department of Biostatistics and Medical Informatics UW Madison Received on Thu Mar 04 1999 - 17:37:31 CST