Re: Help with NLS_DATE_FORMAT

From: Francis Brobecker <f.brobecker_at_nospam.rmcnet.fr>
Date: Thu, 4 Mar 1999 22:02:12 +0100

Here is 3 system tables containing NLS parameters :

SELECT * FROM NLS_SESSION_PARAMETERS;
SELECT * FROM NLS_INSTANCE_PARAMETERS;
SELECT * FROM NLS_DATABASE_PARAMETERS;

Session parameters can be modified with (by exemple)

ALTER SESSION SET NLS_LANGUAGE = 'FRENCH';
ALTER SESSION SET NLS_TERRITORY = 'FRANCE';
ALTER SESSION SET NLS_CURRENCY = 'F';
ALTER SESSION SET NLS_ISO_CURRENCY = 'FRANCE';
ALTER SESSION SET NLS_NUMERIC_CHARACTERS = ',.';
ALTER SESSION SET NLS_DATE_LANGUAGE = 'FRENCH';
ALTER SESSION SET NLS_SORT = 'BINARY';
ALTER SESSION SET NLS_CALENDAR = 'GREGORIAN';
ALTER SESSION SET NLS_DATE_FORMAT = 'YYYY-MM-DD';

Perhaps INSTANCE and DATABASE parameters could be modified BY

'ALTER DATABASE' or 'ALTER INSTANCE' ???