Re: Need to be a DBA FAST

From: Harry Boswell <hboswell_at_lance.netdoor.com>
Date: Thu, 04 Mar 1999 17:09:23 GMT

Van Messner <vmessner_at_netaxis.com> wrote:
: I assume your database(s) are not critical to the operation of your service.
: Otherwise no one would suggest you casually add DBA work to your other
: duties in a few weeks. You can't be a competent DBA in 25 days, or 25 weeks
: for that matter. So do what the other poster suggested, but first go to the
: Oracle web site and register yourself as a developer. Then go to product
: documentation and download the concepts manual which matches the version of
: Oracle you have. This will give you a sound, relatively brief description

Is there a place on the Oracle site where you can grab the entire Concepts Manual? I've found the online version, but I would like to be able to download everything, instead of depending on the online manual.

Thanks,
Harry

--

Harry Boswell                 hboswell_at_netdoor.com
USDA Zone 8 (Mississippi USA)