EBU v Recovery Manager

From: Craig Dick <dickca_at_my-dejanews.com>
Date: Thu, 04 Mar 1999 14:44:45 GMT

Can someone who has used both EBU and RMON give me their impressions of RMON. From reading the documentation it seems, although it is more powerful is control over the recovery process, you pay with more complicated scripts for both recovery and backup. The sample recovery scripts I saw were resonably lengthy and I don't think I'd want to try and write one under the pressure of a database down. I know you can save them to the repository but I'm sure you can't save one for every possible recovery option. I guess at least a full restore and recovery script would be useful. Any comments?