Oracle 8 memory requirements+ Oracle Applications

From: <coakleyj_at_hotmail.com>
Date: Thu, 04 Mar 1999 14:28:21 GMT

Hi to all.
shadow process on Oracle 8/Net 8
have say that the shadow process
Oracle 8 it has increased to 2MB.
of users (say 100), where multi-threaded server and pooling/concentration would not be used, does this mean that to same number of users on Oracle 8 as on Oracle 7, I would have server memory by a factor of 4-5 !!?
a 3-tier web configuration - i.e. client given that Oracle Apps is just an
Developer, Oracle Application server
client from deploying it in Client-server Developer application myself, I have the client-server and web. Is there someting extra in Oracle stops the same logic from applying??
2, Oracle recommend a client of 32MB to browser machine) -- In fact, I've heard a number recommending up to 64MB for the client machine. thin client (browser client). So why is so much memory Oracle consultants talk about thin client and when you means, they respond "Anything that can run a browser". this as being 8MB, not a minimum of 32MB and definitely story??