Re: sqlldr and delimited files

From: Thomas Kyte <tkyte_at_us.oracle.com>
Date: Thu, 04 Mar 1999 05:09:09 GMT

A copy of this was sent to kinowa89_at_hotmail.com (Eric Gundesvan) (if that email address didn't require changing) On Wed, 03 Mar 1999 20:25:16 -0800, you wrote:

>Hello,
>
>I have a comma delimited file with 12 fields. I need to load fields 1,2,3,
>9 and 10 into a table. Is there
>a way to tell sqlldr to skip over fields 4-8? I guess my question is how do
>I tell sqlldr to selectively load
>certain fields in a non-sequential order?

sqlldr with versions 8.0 and less cannot do this without a little help. See

 http://www.dejanews.com/[ST_rn=ps]/getdoc.xp?AN=387206860

for a way to do this.

In 8i and up, sqlldr has syntax for skipping 'filler' fields in input files..

>Thanks.
>

>*** Posted from RemarQ - http://www.remarq.com - Discussions Start Here (tm) ***

Thomas Kyte
tkyte_at_us.oracle.com
Oracle Service Industries
Reston, VA USA

Opinions are mine and do not necessarily reflect those of Oracle Corporation Received on Wed Mar 03 1999 - 23:09:09 CST