Re: TNS Listener won't start

From: Peter Sharman <psharman_at_us.oracle.com>
Date: Wed, 03 Mar 1999 16:19:34 -0800

In fact, Oracle does not certify at the service pack level, but rather at the "version" level (not sure what the right term is here). Oracle is certified against NT 4, period. There may however be patch releases for particular service packs. Due to the nature of the changes in TCP in SP4, there were more patches required for Oracle to work with SP4 (thanks, Bill!) than would be usual. From memory, there was a patch for the listener, OAS, FailSafe, and Enterprise Manager, but the RDBMS itself was fine.

HTH. Pete

--

Regards

Pete

Peter Sharman                              Email: psharman_at_us.oracle.com
WISE Course Development Manager            Phone: +1.650.607.0109 (int'l)
Worldwide Internal Services Education               (650)607 0109 (local)
San Francisco

"Controlling application developers is like herding cats." Kevin Loney, ORACLE DBA Handbook
"Oh no it's not! It's much harder than that!" Bruce Pihlamae, long term ORACLE DBA