Re: DBA-Question: About In-doubt distributed transactions

From: Marcus N Hofer <markus_at_tk136248.telekabel.at>
Date: Thu, 04 Mar 1999 00:36:46 GMT

Hello,

   I had the same problem with a oracle 7.3.4 distributed DB environment. although I had a lot of contact with local oracle support I did not get a satisfactory
solution. if the pending transaction stays collecting for days or weeks You will
have to clean up the entries with

execute dbms_transaction.purge_lost_db_entry(global_tran_id) commit;

I had to do this several times and I never ran into troubles, but it is highly recommendet to backup all DB nodes before performing this statement, see also API documentation of dbms_transaction. I would not be surprised if oracle 8 provides better equipment to resolve or prevent pending 2pcs.

just for curiosity:
are You dealing with huge distributed transactions on connectivities that like to break down?

regards,
--marcus

Kapustin A.G. schrieb in Nachricht <36DD026A.309F_at_dd.vaz.tlt.ru>...