Re: Partitions, when to start ?

From: Prabhakar <prabhakardsp_at_my-dejanews.com>
Date: Wed, 03 Mar 1999 23:54:34 GMT

I think the database you are talking about from my point of view will definitely be benefitted with partitioning. What type of inserts and updates are you planning to have in the tables, is it a Batch or OLTP? Batch processes will definitely be benefitted if the data to be inserted is already sorted in coalition to the partitions.