Re: Disaster Recovery testing

From: <Lighten_up_at_its.just.a.joke>
Date: Wed, 03 Mar 1999 22:16:40 GMT

Russ Frier <rfrier_at_scad.edu> wrote:

]I would appreciate any ideas on establishing routine disaster recovery
]drills and testing. We do have 1 database in archivelog mode, and
]several others that we backup cold daily. All are on Sun Enterprise
]servers. I have the flexiblity to create a testbed. Thanks for your
]input!

Detonate 4 big nukes in your server room. Measure how much (if any) data was lost and how long before you had a system back up and running.

Work on reducing data loss and downtime each time you test it. Received on Wed Mar 03 1999 - 16:16:40 CST