Re: Rollback Segnments: Public or Private?

From: Kevin P. Fleming <kfleming_at_access-laserpress.com>
Date: Wed, 03 Mar 1999 20:06:35 GMT

PUBLIC is the easiest, in a non Parallel Server environment, because you can create more of them on the fly and not have to worry about editing your INIT.ORA file so they get enabled the next the server is restarted...

PRIVATE would really only be used in a Parallel Server environment, I believe. There it's mandatory, Parallel Server instances can't use PUBLIC rollback segments at all.