Not Closing Oracle 8 Cursors

From: Stephen Hirsch <Stephen.Hirsch_at_pharma.novartis.com>
Date: Wed, 03 Mar 1999 14:31:38 -0500

Hi,

I couldn't find this in the documentation. I apologize if I overlooked it.

Due to performance considerations in Oracle 7, we were leaving cursors open until the session terminated, which then automatically closed them. My understanding is that session termination in Oracle 8 does not automatically close open cursors.

Is that true? If so, what would be the implications?

Many thanks in advance,

Steve Hirsch Received on Wed Mar 03 1999 - 13:31:38 CST