Re: Pre-Compiler needed?

From: Roger Snowden <snowden_at_NOT.com>
Date: Wed, 03 Mar 1999 03:27:13 GMT

No, you don't need Pro*C. You can use OCI, Oracle Call Interface, which comes with the client tools as well as the server. It is considerably more complex, especially with Oracle8, but is equally more flexible and powerful. For example, you can do deferred parsing with OCI, which you cannot do with Pro*C.

Plan to read and practice.

Roger