Y2k Problem with 7.3.4

From: Carl A. Dotger <dotman23_at_fast.net>
Date: Tue, 2 Mar 1999 12:02:04 -0500

When selecting back date related data from a table, Oracle seems to natively order dates with respect to a two digit year. For Example:

select end_date from period_setup
order by end_date

The above SQL returns something like

1-Jan-00
1-Jan-98
1-Jan-99

Obviously, the '00' entries pertain to the year 2000 so this result set is incorrect. Oracle support says that using the century specific date mask (ie. 'DD-MON-RR') will return the correct results and it really does seem to work. The problem is that we have much source code that would have to change. I am interested in the lowest impact solution to this issue. Please Help!

TIA, Carl Dotger Received on Tue Mar 02 1999 - 11:02:04 CST