Re: How to copy data from one database to another

From: Peter Sharman <psharman_at_us.oracle.com>
Date: Tue, 02 Mar 1999 08:39:41 -0800

Nicolas

Two possibilities:

  1. Copy the whole database (possible since the OS and database versions are the same)
  2. Use the export/ import tools that Oracle provides.

HTH Pete

--

Regards

Pete

Peter Sharman                              Email: psharman_at_us.oracle.com
WISE Course Development Manager            Phone: +1.650.607.0109 (int'l)
Worldwide Internal Services Education               (650)607 0109 (local)
San Francisco

"Controlling application developers is like herding cats." Kevin Loney, ORACLE DBA Handbook
"Oh no it's not! It's much harder than that!" Bruce Pihlamae, long term ORACLE DBA