Programmer forced into DBA Role, Help?

From: Douglas Whitacre <whitacre_at_imake.com>
Date: Tue, 2 Mar 1999 08:21:24 -0500

I have been an application programmer for close to the last 10 years revolving around Oracle. Now, I'm being moved into more of a DBA role. I know enough to be dangerous, but the hot topics I need help with are: Backup & Restore, and Archiving and Recovery strategies. If anyone out there can point me in the direction of tools and/or methodologies I can look at in these areas it would be greatly appreciated. Can you email suggestions? Thanks in advance. Received on Tue Mar 02 1999 - 07:21:24 CST