Re: Data Base Files

From: Thomas Bartos <thomas_at_bartos.com>
Date: Tue, 2 Mar 1999 00:44:34 -0800

Assuming that you are using a windows OS and that the default install occured.

use the Find feature from the start menu and querry for the file: initorcl.ora ... in that directory you will find the initial parameter file which will tell you the location of the control files and much more.

BTW- the Oracle Documentation is very comprehensive. Look for the installation doc set, that will shed some light on the matter.

-Tom

Be Careful!!