Problems with long fields

From: Woody <agodinho_at_zipmail.com.br>
Date: 1 Mar 1999 19:00:57 GMT

Recently I'm try to use a long data field to save one great amount of details about a propriety of my project, a detailed description, where this will be used in a seek process.

Well, my problem is very simple: When I try to insert my details (greater than 4K) I receive one error message and nothing happens, the program abort and the details are lost ...

I try this with clob type to, but the same problem occurs.

If anyone can help-me ...
PLEASE Below, the source code:

'----- Main declarations

Dim OraSessao As OraSession
Dim OraBase As OraDatabase
Dim Consulta As OraDynaset

'----- Open database

Set OraSessao = CreateObject("OracleInProcServer.XOraSession") Set OraBase = OraSessao.OpenDatabase("intranet.world", "intranet/intraunesa", ORADB_DEFAULT)

'----- BAD Code ?

OraBase.ExecuteSQL _

   "INSERT INTO CdaContents( id,contents ) " & _

                "VALUES('" & idContent & "','" & sContents & "')"

'' where sContens is a string greatar than 4K

'----- Error message

Error in SQL statement, ORA-01704: string literal too long (error #440)

VB5 / Windows 95
Project/References:
OLE Automation
Oracle InProc Server 2.3 Type Library

Anaximandro de Godinho
agodinho_at_estacio.br

Universidade Estácio de Sá Received on Mon Mar 01 1999 - 13:00:57 CST