Re: Development vs. Test

From: Sybrand Bakker <postbus_at_sybrandb.demon.nl>
Date: Mon, 01 Mar 1999 22:46:46 +0100

Hi Alex,

This reminds me of a setup I have been using in a similar situation Ingredients:
1 production schema with tables
many users connecting with private synonyms (who hardly take space) pointing to the production schema
1 development/test schema with tables
several users connecting with private synonyms to the test schema All developers where having two accounts, one ops$ account for production purposes (in order to avoid hardcoded username/password combo's and being able to see who was running that damn report...), one 'normal' account with password pointing to the test schema.

Hth,

Sybrand Bakker, Oracle DBA