Re: PROBLEM WITH CREATING NESTED TABLE

From: Thomas Kyte <tkyte_at_us.oracle.com>
Date: Mon, 01 Mar 1999 20:47:04 GMT

A copy of this was sent to Paul Nguyen <pnguyen_at_netexplorer.com> (if that email address didn't require changing) On Mon, 01 Mar 1999 14:02:59 -0600, you wrote:

>Hello everybody,
>
>Can somebody helps me to fix this create object table statement:
>CREATE TABLE OBJ_ORDER OF ORDER_TYPE
> (ORDER_ID NOT NULL)
> NESTED TABLE ORDERLIST_LINE_ITEM STORE AS OBJ_ORDER_NT60
> ,
> NESTED TABLE CO_SPECIFIC_ORDER_LIST STORE AS OBJ_ORDER_NT65
>;
>The message I got back was:
>CREATE TABLE OBJ_ORDER OF ORDER_TYPE
>*
>ORA-02320: failure in creating storage table for nested table column
>ORDERLIST_LINE_ITEM
>ORA-00903: invalid table name
>
>Look like I have some storage problem.. can anyone give me some hints ?
>

>Thanks in advance,
>
>Paul P. Nguyen

need to see the larger example and would be helpful to have database versions and platforms as well. I just ran:

SQL> create or replace type myarray as table of number;   2 /

Type created.

SQL>
SQL> create or replace type order_type as object

  2  (       order_id        int,
  3          orderlist_line_item     myArray,
  4          co_specific_order_list  myArray
  5 )
  6 /

Type created.

SQL>
SQL> CREATE TABLE OBJ_ORDER OF ORDER_TYPE   2 (ORDER_ID NOT NULL)
  3 NESTED TABLE ORDERLIST_LINE_ITEM STORE AS OBJ_ORDER_NT60

  4     ,
  5          NESTED TABLE CO_SPECIFIC_ORDER_LIST STORE AS OBJ_ORDER_NT65
  6          ;

Table created.

so the syntax is OK but need to see your types. give us the whole reproducible example....

Thomas Kyte
tkyte_at_us.oracle.com
Oracle Service Industries
Reston, VA USA

Opinions are mine and do not necessarily reflect those of Oracle Corporation Received on Mon Mar 01 1999 - 14:47:04 CST