Can I do this with SQL

From: DelphiDev <DelphiDev_at_yahoo.com>
Date: Mon, 01 Mar 1999 14:37:00 -0500

Consider the two tables:

PERSONEL

ID            POSITION        BUILDING    NAME
003          VP                     01                   Smith
004          PRES                 02                   Jones
005          VP                     02                   Gates
006          PROF                01                   Ford
007          PRES                 01                   Kenneth

CODES
CODEQUAL       CODE            DESC
BUILDING          01                   Building I
BUILDING          02                   Building II
POSITION          VP                  Vice President
POSITION          PRES              President
POSITION          PROF             Professor

What would be the applicable SQL context if I wanted a list of the name from PERSONEL, and the descriptions are the building and position? I hope I don't have to break up my "CODES" table into a bunch of smaller ones. The reason it was done this was because it was ported from a file based system and done to keep the number of files to a minimum.

Thanks, Stan. Received on Mon Mar 01 1999 - 13:37:00 CST