Oracle 8.0.5 client on linux connecting to Oracle 7.3.4 on Solaris

From: dp <dp_at_asimba.com>
Date: Mon, 01 Mar 1999 03:57:06 -0800

I am trying out Oracle 8.0.5 on linux. The installation went fine, and the client sqlplus works fine connecting to Oracle7.3.4 on NT, and Oracle8.0.5 on linux. But when I want to connect to Oracle.7.3.4 on Solaris, it fails. It complains about Oracle not being available: ERROR:
ORA-01034: ORACLE not available.

Anyone seen this? Did I miss anything installing Oracle clients on linux?

Thanks! Received on Mon Mar 01 1999 - 05:57:06 CST