Problem installing Oracle on HP System

From: Jeff Stewart <jks2001_at_hotmail.com>
Date: Sun, 28 Feb 1999 22:40:07 GMT

Hello,

I am attempting to install Oracle 8.05 on a HP series 9000 Unix server running HPUX 10.20. Apparently there is a problem with that particular version of Unix's CDROM filesystem support, because every filename on the CD is truncated to 8 letters, in upper case, and has a

";1" appended to the filename. This is apparently causes the install to fail. It cannot read in the terminal types, etc. When I install Oracle on a RS/6000, the filenames appear as they should be and I have no problem. I attempted to copy the CD's contents to the filesystem, and the install failed. I wrote a script to remove the ";1" and put the filenames in lowercase, but apparently the filename truncation is still causing the install to fail. Has anyone out there found a way around this problem? I would greatly appreciate any help/advice.

Thanks in advance.

Jeffrey Stewart Received on Sun Feb 28 1999 - 16:40:07 CST