Re: Pre-Compiler needed?

From: Sybrand Bakker <postbus_at_sybrandb.demon.nl>
Date: Sun, 28 Feb 1999 23:01:04 +0100

Hi Mattias,

Yes, there is an API which is called OCI (Oracle Call Interface). Documentation about OCI should be present in the standard kit This API is however subject to change more than the precompiler, the precompiler being an Host Language Interface. And of course, using OCI you must code almost everything: setup a cursor, parse the cursor etc. etc.
And another of course: it is the most efficient interface there is, all other Oracle products seem to use it.

Hth,

Sybrand Bakker, Oracle DBA