Re: Oracle replication

From: Marcus N Hofer <markus_at_tk136248.telekabel.at>
Date: Sun, 28 Feb 1999 17:38:28 GMT

This is right.

   if the name of the DB link matches the name of the valid connect string (as in this case 'den')
the DB link will work. But if it does not you get

ORA-02085: database link DEN.WORLD.COM connects to given_connectstring

accessing the link. somehow the name of the DB link seems to be bound to the connect string.
I know this but I do definitly not understand this :-) do You?

regards
--marcus

Lothar Dickhoff schrieb in Nachricht <7b6b1p$si8$1_at_news.ecrc.de>...