Re: OFA Architecture with RAID

From: gremlin <gremlinNO__SPAM___at_ix.netcom.com>
Date: Sat, 27 Feb 1999 14:31:16 -0500

I agree, I have always heard that RAID 5 is noticeably slower. What if I have, for example, a large database that is primarily just read-only? I'd update the data (significantly) once per week, but the users would be doing queries, not generating a lot of new data. Is RAID 5 and advantage, neutral, or a disadvantage in this case? Just curious.

Mike

--

To reply to me via email, remove the "__NO_SPAM__" in the header email address.