Re: Whoops! Deleted my db file before dropping tablespace! HELP!

From: gremlin <gremlinNO__SPAM___at_ix.netcom.com>
Date: Sat, 27 Feb 1999 01:50:00 -0500

*L* I did the same thing (ALSO a newbie) and got into a chicken-egg problem. I couldn't drop the tablespace because it couldn't find the dbf file. I couldn't THINK I tried alter database as suggested above but it didn't like that. I know I tried making a dummy .dbf and it didn't like the header. Solution: (You won't like it !) I dropped ALL .dbf, log files, ctl files, etc. and recreated the database. It was a new one anyway. Obviously this is rarely a good solution!

Good luck.

Mike

--

To reply to me via email, remove the "__NO_SPAM__" in the header email address.