Re: Truncate Table Permissions

From: David <dsivick_at_mindspring.com>
Date: Fri, 26 Feb 1999 16:38:36 -0500

Yeah you have to grant the ability on any table.

But I have to allow users to do this and I create a procedure as sys that will truncate the table. It simply takes the tablename as input, checks the schema to see if that table exist and then it truncates it as sys. I then grant execute on this proc to the user.

If you want a copy.. send me a note a dsivick_at_carolinas.org and I will send you the code.

David