Re: Export >2GB files w/7.3.4.3.0 & Solaris 2.6

From: Mike Merrett <merrettmi_at_rmoc.on.ca>
Date: Fri, 26 Feb 1999 21:42:17 GMT

The other way to get around it is to compress the file (thru a pipe in the background) while doing the export i.e. :

mknod pipe.file p
cat pipe.file | compress > db.dmp.Z &
exp / file=pipe.file

then import it using:

mknod pipe.file p
zcat db.dmp.Z > pipe.file &
imp / file=pipe.file

Mike Merrett

<36D6C94F.D6F5F61D_at_toneline.n-o-s-p-a-m.demon.co.uk>...