Re: ORA - 12203: TNS : Unable to connect to destination

From: Sybrand Bakker <postbus_at_sybrandb.demon.nl>
Date: Fri, 26 Feb 1999 20:12:23 +0100

Hi Sekhar,
General question: Do you have your \windows\hosts file properly set up ? You should have the following line in it
127.0.0.1 localhost
If you don't find it, copy the hosts.sam in the same directory to hosts. (so without extension) and verify whether the localhost line is in it. Also it looks like your listener.ora is incorrect. It is now expecting a host default, which should be localhost.
Please verify both your listener.ora and tnsnames.ora for the correct host name.

This should resolve your problem.

Hth,

Sybrand Bakker, Oracle DBA