Re: Export >2GB files w/7.3.4.3.0 & Solaris 2.6

From: Linda H Montgomery <montgolh_at_jmu.edu>
Date: Fri, 26 Feb 1999 09:46:48 -0500

You dont say what Oracle versions you are dealing with, but there is an article on Oracle's Metalink called
'2Gb or Not 2Gb - File limits in Oracle' <Note:62427.1> dated 05-Nov-1998 that discusses exports over 2G. It states that

"....most versions of export use the default file open API when creating an export file. This means that on many platforms it is impossible to export a file of 2Gb file limits with export...."

So you may want to check out your version of export and see if this applies. We are on HP-UX not Solaris, but we are successfully exporting via named pipes to a zipped file to get around the 2G file limits at this time.

--
Linda Montgomery
Database Analyst